Sunday 6 January 2013

FIRST OF THE YEAR

Spent an hour trying to take some pic's of a few birds this afternoon, took a trip over the shops to buy some bird food to replenish my feeding stations. The light was bad so had to use a high iso so only got a couple of decent pic's. I've decided to put a copyrite signature on my pic's I've been advised to do this to stop anyone using my images without permission for financial gain. Don't know why they want to use mine though but you never know miracles do happen.
Had some good birds in with green woodpecker and a sparrowhawk being the pick but didnt manage a photo of either, jays were in good numbers as well as chaffinch's with about 30 birds feeding, here's my best efforts today:-






Male Great Spotted Woodpecker



The red patch at the back of the head helps seperate males amd females.





Loads of chaffinch's up here there must have been at least 30 individual birds.





A Nuthatch.


Let's hope there's more to come as the days start very slowly to get longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment