Saturday 5 January 2013

A NEW YEAR

Happy New Year to you all. I haven't done much picture taking over the Christmas period had a lot of family commitments and the weather been dreadful and also back in work bleeding afternoons.
I'm having my second hip replacement operation hopefully this month so after getting over that I hope to be a lot more active.
Lets hope for a drier 2013 last year was a big wash out for the birds and those of us who like watching/photographing them. I'm hoping to get a few different species this year and hope to get my garden project started with the planting of some firs a hedge and fruit and berry bearing trees and bushes as to attract more species. Hopefully with my hip better I can get out and about to different places and give my mate a lot more help with his nest and nest box monitoring. He's put a few more nest boxes up around here this year so hoping for a good successful season. We've got some great habitat up here so hoping for some good birds and pic's this year.

Here's some of the habitat we have near our home.












This is the Original Llanhilleth farm house where my wife Tina lived for a few years as a young girl. Once her family had left the farm the house fell into disrepair it still is to this day a listed building. Also below a picture of the old barn, this building is nearly falling down and is now very dangerous to go into.






Here's a local beauty spot that's not to far from the farm it's known locally as the canyons.














Just thought I'd throw in a picture of the old house.



 One advantage of living on the mountain is sometimes we're above the fog. Yes that's our satellite dish!

We get nice sunsets up here.


Here's hoping for a great 2013.........

No comments:

Post a Comment