Wednesday 3 April 2013

A PAIR OF WAGS

The male Pied Wagtail that I mentioned on a previous post has now been joined by the female. Hopefully now they'll settle down and start nest building, the male has been attacking the wing mirrors on my car and covered them with bird poop which I might need a hammer and chisel to get off.  Let's hope that the female of the species helps make him think of doing other things to do  like nest building and being a good daddy.

female pied wagtail

old stumpy the male pied wagtail

I hadn't noticed until I took this pic today that the male has only got one foot. It doesn't seem to bother him or stop him from doing anything. At the moment both male and female seem to be just feeding haven't seen any signs of courting yet but the weather is still freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment