Wednesday 30 June 2021

JUVENILES AND GARDEN BIRDS

 Now we're coming to the end of June there's a lot of fledged and juvenile birds flitting around the farm which for me is a good thing, as it shows that we've had at least some breeding successes. As the numbers of our song birds seem to be dwindling year on year I'm hoping with the nest boxes we've put up the berry bearing trees and bushes we've planted and lots of areas that I try to keep wild it will go towards helping some of the birds and animals bring on the next generation of wildlife.

Here's some of the youngsters that I've captured during this time.

goldfinch

dunnock

chaffinch

great tit

great spotted woodpecker

pied wagtail

stonechat

Our garden birds give me great pleasure and some good photographic opportunities, especially during the lockdowns and my latest incarceration when I fractured my ribs. 

Here's a small selection of our Garden birds.

male chaffinch

male house sparrow

dunnock

blue tit

goldfinch



male great spotted woodpecker

female linnet

male siskin

male linnet



 Although swallows are not really garden birds I include this one because it swoops all around the garden area and is nesting in a shed close to the house.



swallow

 That's it for this one thank you all once again for dropping in and lets hope at least for the birds and wildlife 2021 is a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment