Friday 3 September 2021

MID-WALES

We had a weeks holiday in mid Wales back in July. We stayed at a renovated old school house in a little village called Llanfair Clydogau it is about 6 miles outside Lampeter. With the old covid still at large we went for another stay-cation away from the crowds and also a little holiday for our youngest boy Aneurin who had just turned 18.

our digs for the week

 Here's the Birthday boy.

crisps a whisky a pizza and a cider anyone would think he just turned 18 😊

We also had a nice jacuzzi which we all took advantage of mostly at the end of the day.

for any dirty minded people out there - that's my knee 😂


Also the view was stunning

what a view



There were some lovely walks even though some of it was a bit hilly but very enjoyable.

Tina taking a break on one of our walks

Above our digs Red Kites and Buzzards were a common sight so I couldn't resist a couple of photo's. Some times the Kites would fly in so close you feel you could touch them.

buzzard




red kite



On the birding front Tregaron bog was only a few miles away but my visit there was a bit of a disappointment. I think mid - July was the wrong time of year as I didn't get to see to much. There were no raptors which I was hoping for but I did hear a Grasshopper warbler performing in the undergrowth and although I waited for a considerable time the little bleeder wouldn't show. The only shot I got was this blurry meadow pipit but I did get to chat to a few of the residents who use the bog quite regularly and they said very early mornings, winter and early spring is the best time to visit. It was a good place for dragon flies if that's your thing they were everywhere.

only image of the day

In the village below our digs is a lovely little shop which had house martin's nesting at the side under the eves you can make out the nests on this photograph I took of the shop. 

the village shop

There were also Swifts and Swallows flying around with the House Martins, very difficult to photograph because they move so fast I wasn't to disappointed with this image of a Swift as it whizzed past.

swift

The only other bird image I managed was this female Bullfinch on one of our walks up and around a woodland centre we discovered.

female bullfinch


We had a great week in mid - Wales but it was really all about Aneurin's 18th birthday even though I did manage to do some birding as well which was a bonus. Here's a pic of the birthday boy and his mam at Aberporth in Cardigan on one of our many days out.

lovely pic of Nye with his mam.

Well that's it for this on, thanks for dropping by and I'll catch you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment