Sunday 27 June 2021

STONECHATS , BUZZARDS AND A COUPLE MORE

Since cracking my ribs I've been unable to do much birding, it's also stopped me from driving and even walking has been quite painful. 

Thank goodness though I am now on the road to recovery and was able to get out a couple of days last week with my camera and bins to see what was about around the farm. I still haven't driven anywhere as I still have a lot of discomfort and still after three weeks can't sleep on my right side and so I think it's still a bit risky to get in the car.

We've got a few breeding pair of Stonechats at the farm who still persist in alarming at you when you get into their territories but it does give you close views and some decent photographic opportunities.

 Here's a few Stonechat images I took last week.

female


male on a foxglove

female on a foxglove

female

in flight


female with food



Also it was nice to see our resident Buzzards soaring overhead I think they must have hungry chicks to feed and so are being more conspicuous than usual.

Here's some of the Buzzard images I've captured.

soaring buzzard



this one was hovering obviously on the hunt

Walking along a damp boggy area with a small pond I noticed this Tree pipit bathing, it hoped onto a branch where it fluffed itself up and started preening.

tree pipit





Down at the Old Farm the Redstarts are still about but still couldn't get close to them this distant male is all I could manage.

it's the orange blob on the branch of this dead tree

There's also a nesting pair of Pied Wagtails this one was on a silage bale.

pied wagtail

We also get quite a few gulls up here some land in the fields and others like this one just drift by. I think they're non breeders mostly consisting of Herring and Lesser Black Backed Gulls.

LBB Gull

On my way back up from the farm I saw this distant male Reed Bunting which I was pleased with as I thought they hadn't come back to breed this year, so hopefully this one has a mate and a nest somewhere.

male reed bunting

It was nice to get out after nursing my ribs over the last few weeks and nice to have some fresh air and a good selection of birds.

Thanks for calling by and hope you'll stop by again catch you all soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment