Sunday 1 May 2016

HELLO!!

Forgive me bloggers for I have sinned no blog for almost a year and nearly bottom of some of my fellow bloggers members list oh dear!!, What's he been doing? the answer is not a lot, and not that much been happening bird wise but I should have made more of an effort to get out there.

The spring so far has been very cold and could be the reason why the breeding season hasn't really taken off yet. Having said that some of the early breeders have already got chicks birds like dipper, mistle thrush and a lot of the water bird species will be feeding young by now. Stephen Carter has been on his annual nesting pilgrimage and has informed me that things have been pretty slow but are starting to pick up. He's found this Stonechat nest this weekend.


Here's a male Stonechat that I took this week.


Redstarts have started to arrive in good numbers Steve and myself have made and erected seven new boxes this year to hopefully get more to stay in the area to nest.


                                  This is the female


                                 and the male

I'll finish with a couple of pics of our more commoner birds.

Goldfinch

Great tit

Jay

Blue tit
Reed bunting

Coal Tit

Linnet

Nuthatch

Siskin
Promise not to leave it for another year let's hope something interesting turns up.


No comments:

Post a Comment