Saturday 28 May 2016

YOU CANT BEAT A BIT OF BULLY!

It'll be five years this October since we moved up here on the mountain and since the setting up of my two feeding stations I have never recorded a Bullfinch. I thought that perhaps we were to far up and as there's no hedges or thick vegetation that they seem to like as an habitat they would never show up. We have every other finch up here chaffinch, greenfinch, goldfinch, linnet, siskin, even yellow hammer and reed bunting but never a Bully, until this morning! to my utter amazement and joy these two beauties flew in this morning and were feeding away quite happily allowing me to take a few snap shots.

male bullfinch

female bullfinch



I don't know if they're breeding close by because the habitat isn't that suitable for them but it's great to have them drop in.

No comments:

Post a Comment