Monday 3 June 2024

PHOTOGRAPHIC EXHIBITION

 Back in March a request was put out to all the Gwent Ornithological Society members who are wildlife photographers to submit five photographs each of birds that they have personally photographed over the years in the Gwent area. The idea being that GOS could showcase the avian biodiversity in the county. The pictures that were chosen would be put in an exhibition at The Riverfront Theatre and Arts Centre in Newport South Wales.

So I submitted five of what I thought were my better efforts and was delighted when three of my pictures were chosen to be in the Exhibition. So obviously I went down there to take a look.


some of the art work on show


two of mine

My three were the male Stonechat and Cuckoo (pictured above) and a Tawny Owl pictured below.

that's me pointing to my tawny owl pic

and with the other two photographs

A great venue and some fantastic photographs so I was delighted that my bird photographs were chosen to be shown in the exhibition to the general public. I hope it shows and people start to realise what wonderful birdlife we have in Gwent.

No comments:

Post a Comment