Friday 16 November 2012

GARDEN FEEDERS

These are my two feeding stations I have around the house.


This one is outside our kitchen window.


This is my main feeding station at the back of the house where most of my garden bird pictures are taken.

With the light being so dark now its nearly winter it's difficult to get sharp images, they're a bit grainy especially if you bump the iso up, you also get little specs of colour on your images this is colour noise, you can get a lot of it off with photoshop but this degrades the images. Here's a few of my better pic's over the last few days.


                                    female reed bunting
                     
                            male greenfinch
                                magpie
                        blue tit
                           jay
                                       great tit
                       nuthatch
                   goldfinch
             goldfinch's
                   male brambling
                   female brambling
                      female brambling
                                 jay
                 goldfinch's
                    jay
                       jay
               grey squirrel
                      jay

I'll have to start going further afield to photograph some new species for this blog. Being very lucky living on the mountain I do have quite a few different species coming into my feeders, with a bit of luck perhaps I'll get some new birds coming in if the weather gets really cold.

4 comments:

  1. Nice shots Dawson. Particularly like the Jay and Brambling ones. You are lucky to be able to attract such birds to your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, I think it's the first one Iv'e had since I started my blog. I get loads of Jay's in and the brambling come in regulary with the chaffinch's but only in small numbers.

      Delete
  2. Nice to see the gold and green finches too. Do you have any GSW? Do your feeders attract any sparrowhawk - what a beautiful bird - never managed to be able to get a pic of one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment once again. Yes I do have GSW they come to the feeders quite often. I havn't had my blog going for long so if you look at my previous posts you'll find a post I did on them. I also have Sparrowhawk but like you Iv'e been anable to get a pic yet but when they do turn up the birds scatter everywhere.

    ReplyDelete