Sunday 6 April 2014

IT'S GETTING BUSY.

Things have really been hotting up in the bird world over the last few weeks.
Where my feeders were very quiet they're now being swamped by all the birds getting into condition ready for breeding. Although I still haven't had that much time to do a lot of photography I've had the odd half hour here and there and today because of the bad weather I've sat down and edited a few of my efforts for your enjoyment.

goldfinch

greenfinch

female reed bunting

male reed bunting

chaffinch

great spotted woodpecker

nuthatch

pied wagtail

siskin

male blackbird

dunnock

redpoll

yellowhammer

lets have another

Stephen Carter my BTO nest finding buddy was over yesterday to check all of our boxes we've got a few with nests starting to being built in them already. I've added a few more boxes to the colony this year so hoping to have a better number of birds using them.
Great news as well is that we've got a nesting Tawny owl I'm well chuffed and we will be hoping to keep an eye and not "lose an eye" on its progress over the next few weeks.



tawny owl
My daffs are looking nice



Lets hope we get some good breeding success this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment