Friday 22 March 2013

GREAT TO BE BACK!

Had my hip operation just over a fortnight ago and this is the first day I've been able to sit at my computer desk to do some blogging. I would like to thank my family and friends for all your good wishes and especially to my wife Tina whose been looking after me on my long road to recovery. Also to Thomas the oldest whose been a great help since Tina has gone back to work.  I still got to stay on crutches for another four weeks but at least now I can get on my computer to relieve some of the boredom of not being able to do nothing but sit and watch the goggle box all day.
I would also like to say a big hello and thank you to Malcolm, George and Derek who were in the same ward as myself and who also had hip operations their company and great humour made the four days I spent in hospital a lot more bearable I hope that you are are all recovering well.

Well when I made my last post I was hoping for, when I came back some decent weather and some breeding activity and a spring migrant or two (I know it is early yet), but what have we got snow rain and freezing temperatures. Seen on a few sites today that a few migrants have come into Britain in small numbers but I personally think that this latest cold snap might have knocked the early breeders back a few weeks.

I've managed to take a few bird pic's over the last week so here they are:-

This male Pied Wagtail is back up here to breed haven't seen any sight of it's mate yet!






Here's a Blue Tit  



  Not a very good pic of a great tit


A coal tit

This next one is a first photo for me of a Green Woodpecker (a male, red on his moustache) not a great pic but I was thrilled to get him.



Here's the normal Great Spotted Woodpeckers we usually have


A nice couple of Nuthatch's




Male and female Siskin



Male Chaffinch


Male Greenfinch


             A Goldfinch

    Male Reed Bunting


A Jay

A Collared dove to finish
That's it for the bird photo's for now, another 4 weeks on crutches and then I can start getting out and about and start living my life again it's been a very difficult 2 years, once again a big huge massive thank you to my wife and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment