Monday 24 April 2023

SOME SPRING ARRIVALS

 It's great to see the Spring migrants returning to the farm. I had the Wheatear arrive a couple of weeks ago and now all my usual visitors have arrived back except for the Swallow which surprisingly hasn't shown up yet.

The sound of the Willow warbler and it's song as it goes down the scale is always a welcome addition.

willow warbler singing

willow warbler

We never get Chiffchaff up here, don't really know why it might be that the habitat is not right for them but who knows.

Also a nice surprise this spring was this male Blackcap that showed up in the garden.

blackcap

 Also not long arrived back were the Redstarts this cheeky male was perched on the wife's car wing mirror attacking it's own reflection.

redstart

redstart attacking it's reflection

They are a beautiful bird especially the Spring males they'll be starting to breed soon hopefully in one of my bird boxes I've put out around the farm.

female

male

I suppose the migrant species everyone looks forward to hearing and if your lucky enough seeing is the Cuckoo.
This male was giving a bit of a performance from a tree near my home so didn't take that much notice of me luckily I was able to get some pics of him.

cuckoo

cuckoo

great to see them back

Nice to see the migrants back they bring some colour and song to the farm, they've had a long journey so lets hope they're successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment