Monday 10 April 2023

DIPPERS

Made my way upto Cwmtillery Lakes a few weeks ago to see if the Dippers were still there. Being born and bred in Cwmtillery I can remember Dippers breeding up there in the 1970's.

I settled down with my camera at the ready for what seemed to be an age before one came in with a clump of nesting material they were still here, and starting to build their nest excellent.

dipper with nesting material

It dropped down into the tunnel at the bottom side of the lake where the water flows into where the nest must be. It's good that they're nesting there because the tunnel is shut off by a metal grid to stop people going in there.

I then waited for what seemed an age before it made an appearance and stayed for a good few seconds, allowing me to get some more images before it set off I suspect to look for more nesting material.



nice pose before it set off

Nice to see the Dippers doing well and hopefully bringing on the next generation of these lovely aquatic song birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment