Wednesday 28 December 2022

SOME LANZEROTE WADERS

 Went on a weeks holiday to Lanzarote in October with the Wife for a bit of autumn sunshine. We love walking on the beach where I noticed on some rocky little outcrops some wading birds. I had taken my binoculars and the wife had taken her Canon bridge camera so the next day I got up early and ventured down there armed with both.

There was a nice selection of waders with Sanderlings being the first I managed to photograph.

sanderling




There was also Turnstone present another coastal wader.

turnstone




To finish off this small group of coastal waders there were also Ring Plovers on the beach.

ring plover



I couldn't believe my eyes when I spotted this Whimbrel amongst the waders.

whimbrel



I'd never been so close to waders before the whimbrel even started to walk up the beach about ten yards from me, you wouldn't get within a hundred yards of them without a hide in the UK.

To finish my morning off I got a couple of snaps of this Yellow Legged Gull.

yellow legged gull


We both had a lovely holiday in Lanzarote and seeing them waders so close was the icing on the cake.



Thanks for visiting my blog and I'll catch you on the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment