Wednesday 28 December 2022

A PAIR OF TAWNY'S

 I'd blogged in the spring about a Tawny owl that had started roosting in a box that I had put up near my home. A couple of weeks ago I photographed it again peering out of the box but it wasn't until a close inspection of that picture that I noticed there were two Owls perched at the entrance.

if you look closely you can see two birds.

Well the next couple of weeks I would periodically check if they were there but no show from the birds. One day I could hear a racket from some birds alarm calling from near where the box was situated so I grabbed my camera to take a look and they were there. I snuck around to a vantage point where I could see the front of the owl box and I could clearly see both male and female Tawny's snuggled together at the entrance hole.

male and female tawny's

That's great news and should mean that they'll start breeding in that box in the next couple of months.

No comments:

Post a Comment