Friday 2 April 2021

SPRING HAS SPRUNG

 Looks like Spring has finally sprung with the arrival of some of our summer migrants, spring flowers and baby lambs which makes this a great time of year.







This female Wheatear (above) is the first I've seen at the farm for a few years, although I couldn't locate a male I do hope they stay a breed and are not just passing through. 

Meadow pipits are back on territory and are displaying everywhere.



The early breeders are already on eggs as shown with this Tawny Owl nest box and this Songthrush nest. Thanks to Stephen Carter for the pics.


tawny owl and song thrush nest

The Stonechat's are also early breeders and will also be either nest building or sitting on eggs.

male stonechat

Whilst on my stroll around the farm I picked up this Buzzard soaring above me.


It is nice to see Spring's arrival if nothing else it gives you that feel good factor. Anyway thanks for dropping by and I'll catch you soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment