Thursday 22 April 2021

FIRST SWALLOW

The first Swallow arrived at the farm on Sunday 18th April, just a single male but still a welcome sight. They breed quite successfully up here every year so this year should be no exception.

our first swallow (a male)


Thought I'd show you this Swallow's nest with the young in looking like they're ready to fledge. This was taken taken a few years back.


young swallow's in the nest

 As posted earlier that I had my first Redstart on the 31st March, but now we've got a quite a few pairs around the farm. This image is pretty poor but it's a male that landed in a tree in my garden.

male redstart


 The linnets are coming into the feeders regularly and I've captured some nice images of them. Here's two nice one's of a male and a female.



male


female

Things starting to happen now with springtime moving on so quickly who knows what it will throw up next. 

Thanks for visiting my blog and hopefully I'll catch you soon.                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment