Sunday 1 November 2020

......AND HERE'S HER MATE

Following on from my last post where a Female Brambling found it's way to my feeding station from it's breeding grounds of Northern Europe. I was very pleased to see a male turn up today, it was with a small number of Chaffinch's that were braving the heavy rain scuttling about amongst the twigs and leaf litter searching for food.

male brambling


 I had a great start to the day with regular visits from my usual suspects including a very photogenic Great Spotted Woodpecker,

male great spotted woodpecker

And a very obliging Wren.

wren


I thought I'd hit the jackpot when a Red Kite flew in close to my feeders, I managed to real off about 20 shots but then realised my settings were all wrong on my camera and by the time I got them right two crows started attacking the Kite and it flew off.

red kite

The shots were massively under exposed so non of them were keepers. The shot above was about the best of them, I tried to bring them back in photoshop but no good. Still it was great to see the Kite and hopefully maybe one day I'll get a photo of this bird that I'll be pleased with (as long as I get my bleeding settings right).

No comments:

Post a Comment