Tuesday 22 August 2017

FLYCATCHING

A nice surprise today a small group of Spotted Flycatchers were diving about the garden. This is only the second time I've seen these birds up here.

I think the humid weather we've been having over the last couple of days have coincided with the emergence of thousands of flying ants, they're bleeding everywhere.

 
spotted flycatcher




Although it was warm it was very murky today so I had to use a high iso setting on my camera so I could get a half decent shutter speed and so it made the pic's very noisy. I've got a Canon eos 450d and anything over 400 iso gives the pic's a lot of noise, I shot these at iso 800.

I also had a first in my garden today a Treecreeper, no pic's I'm sorry to say because of the bad light they were to blurred to publish. A nice hour though watching these two species just hope they swallow up most of them flying ants, I haven't stopped itching yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment