Sunday 20 August 2017

AROUND THE FARM

After my week away in Norfolk I decided to do a bit of local birding today with a walk around the farm where I live suppose you could call it my local patch.
Total species list was 27 for the two hours I was out, not bad and nice to see some of the migrants still here and a couple of surprises. 

The species list is:-
Meadow pipit, Pied wagtail, Stonechat, Redstart, Chaffinch, Goldfinch, Nuthatch, Goldcrest, Wren, Blackbird, Songthrush, Dunnock, Robin, Raven, Carrion crow, Magpie, Jay, Great tit, Blue tit, Coal tit, Green Woodpecker, Woodpigeon, Willow warbler, Swallow, Buzzard, Red kite and Sparrowhawk.

Here's some of the pictures I took on my walk.

meadow pipit

stonechat

redstart (first winter male)

coal tit


woodpigeon

willow warbler

red kite


swallow
  
swallow (juvenile)
I plan to get out birding a bit more in the coming months. I've been reading the GOS publication "BIRDWATCHING WALKS IN GWENT" there's a lot of good birding places in our county that I haven't visited yet so will hopefully get out and explore them and hopefully bring my findings and pic's back here to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment