Monday 31 July 2017

OSPREY AT LLANDEGFEDD

After over 30 years of visiting Llandegfedd Reservoir I finally saw my first Osprey there today.
There have been sightings of two birds there over the last week or so with some really good photo's been taken of the birds, so I decided that it was time for me to get over there and break my duck.

The Osprey showed twice with two fly overs but stayed quite distant but I did manage some record shots. To say I was thrilled was an understatement I was punching the sky like I'd just scored the winning try for Wales to clinch the Grand slam I was absolutely over the moon.

osprey



I did wait another hour after I took these but it didn't show again but it was a real buzz just to see them.

After the excitement of the Osprey I did have a wonder round and got these distant shots of a Kingfisher.

kingfisher


Also this long tailed tit.

long tailed tit
These flyover Canada Geese.

canada geese


some cormorants with the canada geese



I was hoping that now the water level is so low that I would get to watch and hopefully photograph some waders there has been common sandpiper, sanderling and little ringed plover recently seen at the Llandegfedd but the wind was a bit strong and with me having to dodge the showers I decided to call it a day still pumped that I'd finally saw that Osprey.

No comments:

Post a Comment